This article gives you a simple yet well detailed analysis on affiliate marketing in Nigeria. Scam or Legit? Worthy it or Pointless? How do you start affiliate marketing in Nigeria? and so much more, keep reading for all the juicy details. So you want to be an affiliate marketer huh? You’re Nigerian and you do not even know where to begin, hopefully at the end of this article, we would have given you a very clear idea on the concept.
What Exactly is Affiliate Marketing?
First off lets understand what marketing truly means, don’t worry, we’ll keep all definitions simple. Marketing is the process of getting potential customers interested in your product or services. Yes, marketing is a process, there are steps involved in marketing. The final aim of that process is to get new sales and generate more revenue.
Now you understand what marketing is, Affiliate Marketing is a type of marketing where affiliates are rewarded for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate. You can think of it this way, Affiliate marketing is a strategy where companies, organizations or individuals promote their goods and services through other people.
Here’s basically how affiliate marketing works;
- Join an affiliate marketing program.
- Promote the company’s goods or services through various means
- Generate leads or sales
- Get a commission on each product you sold.
Top 5 Trusted Affiliate Programs in Nigeria
- Jumia Kol Affiliate Program
- Konga YuBoss Affiliate Program
- Bet9ja Affiliate Program
- WhoGoHost Affiliate Program
Top 5 Trusted International Affiliate Programs
- Amazon Associates
- Share a Sale
- eBay Partner Network
There are hundreds of trusted affiliate programs offered by leading renowned organizations all over the world. Each affiliate program have different offers, payment modes, percentages. You just need to find the one you’re most comfortable with.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria
Choosing What To Promote (Niche Down)
This is a big factor to consider when diving into affiliate marketing. If you’re a Nigerian reading this, you should check out our article on how to increase sales. Choosing a particular category of products or services to promote will go a long way. It’s easier and better to be a master of one and be now for a particular type of product.
Draft Out a Strategy For Promoting The Products or Services
You’ve picked out a range of products or services you want to promote, now how exactly will you get this done? What platform is best for promoting your links? The best option is usually to promote your affiliate link on your blog or website. Don’t worry, even if you don’t have a blog or website there are many other ways to promote your affiliate links, some of which are;
- Promote through other people’s blogs
- Make use of Online forums
- Social Media is your friend (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc)
- Email Marketing
Email marketing is probably the most difficult way of promoting affiliate links because it is not easy creating an email link. Once you do manage to create and grow a standard email list, you’re at a huge advantage.
Things To Consider
- Look Out For Scams!– There are tons of affiliate marketing scams out there promising affiliates an unbelievable commission amount per sale, some of them ask users to pay an unbelievable amount first before they begin. Always make a thorough investigation before venturing into any platform especially when they’re new.
- Niche Down- As we indicated above, try to focus on a particular category. Selling a particular category of product like fashion, electronics is always better than being a jack of all trade.
- Be Patient- Don’t expect to start earning huge withing a short period of time, it takes time to develop and grow.