In order to achieve the business goals of an organization, there’s a need to employ the services of a successful business development manager. This individual is an important person in the company and sometimes enjoys extra benefits owing to their importance to the company.
Job description of a Business Development Manager
A business development manager identifies sales leads, pitches goods or services to new clients, and pulls together good working relationships with new contacts.
They harp on business opportunities and set up business meetings. With their powerpoint presentations, they communicate new product developments to potential clients. This job requires a lot of creative thinking to spot out new opportunities.
The only stressful part of this job is when developing business opportunities. You have a lot to deal with both internally and externally and may go out of control, but when done right, you have a lot of satisfaction.
Qualifications and skills needed
This is a very delicate position in an organization, and you need these necessary skills to make the most of your job.
- great communication and sales skills.
- You should possess at least a GCSE certificate.
- must have some years of sales and marketing experience.
- Good business sense
- A deep understanding of marketing principles
- Good communication skills.
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
Duties of a Business Development Manager
A business development manager is entrusted with overseeing the execution of business aims and objectives among their company’s sales, marketing, and business development professionals.
Below are some listed duties and responsibilities of a Business Development Manager.
- Comparing recent sales numbers to the necessary quotas
- Delegate sales and marketing tasks among team members.
- Maintain current client relationships and identify areas for potential clients.
- contacting potential clients to establish a business relationship and meeting with them.
- Develop new sales areas and improve sales through various methods.
- Research the latest in the business industry and create new opportunities to expand business.
- Collaborate with the sales and design teams to ensure requirements are met, such as sales numbers and profit goals.
- Train junior salespeople to improve sales goals and meet expectations.
- strong understanding of the company’s products or services as well as business position and competition to keep business competitive.
A business development manager is paid an average of $14,000 to as high as $177,000. He or she is expected to earn a profit of about $10,000 a year.
Therefore, to make the most of profit, you need to possess the necessary leadership qualities to meet the company’s goals and contribute important ideas.
In cases of unsuccessful projects, a good development manager should take absolute responsibility and make the necessary moves to get good results next time.
They give their reports to the Business Development Executive and rely on them for guidance when working on a new business proposal.