Do you have a yearning to study in a reputable higher institution in Nigeria or abroad? You will agree with me that in the present day and age, quality education is expensive. But there are support initiatives for serious and well-deserving Nigerian students. There are arguably over 500 scholarship opportunities available for Nigerian students to study in local and international tertiary institutions and specialized institutes.
These scholarships opportunities for Nigerian students are designed for those who can sustain above-average academic performance. Thus they aid above-average performers in completing their schooling debt-free and hassle-free, without spending their own (or their parents’) money. As a focused Nigerian student, it should be your desire to relieve the stress of your parents and benefactors early enough. And getting a local or international scholarship presents you just that opportunity.
Furthermore, some of these scholarships may lead serious Nigerian students into their first paid employment with the organization that sponsored it. Or along the line, it might expose that student to greater learning and employment opportunities from other reputable organizations.
There are several categories of local and international scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students. They may also be offered to different levels of scholars. Scholarships are available for fresh candidates of higher institutions (not yet admitted), to undergraduates already undergoing studies, and/or to Masters and Ph.D. (postgraduate) students. They include:
Categories of local and international scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students.
- – Government scholarships (international, federal and state). The federal and state categories are often available to indigenous Nigerian students. Also, many countries around the world offer scholarships to deserving international students. It could be an exchange program between Nigeria and other countries (bilateral education agreement)
- – Scholarships offered by multinational corporations
- – Scholarships offered by big local corporations/companies
- – Scholarships offered by religious organizations
- – Scholarships offered by charity organizations (philanthropy)
- – Scholarships offered by foundations, trusts and NGOs (dedicated to famous people and causes)
- – Scholarships offered by the target tertiary institutions or institutes themselves
- – Course-based (or discipline-based) scholarships for local and international students. They may be offered by a tertiary institution, professional institute, foundation or any well-meaning organization
- – Scholarships for a particular demographic group. Some of them are gender-specific, or may be age-specific. Some are class-specific, targeting poor or underprivileged people in the society (with proof).
In all cases, interested Nigerian students (and/or their parents/sponsors) must be ready to supply citizenship documents and academic records. They must be able to prove their Nigerian citizenship, state and local government of origin, as well as proof of good grades. Additionally such a student must work to sustain above-average grades in order to enjoy continuous support from his/her scholarship donor.
We have a number of these scholarships outlined here in this article. They are often made available and publicized regularly on the internet and in newspapers, at specific times of every year. So if you miss the current year, you can as well target the next year – so long as you meet the requirements. It is also a good practice to apply for more than one scholarship for which you meet the eligibility criteria. This will increase your chances of getting one or more good scholarships.
As a focused Nigerian student who needs financial aid, endeavor to make good use of them. And remember that your dedication to stellar (or at least above-average) academic performance is very important throughout the process. Also note that honesty during the application process is equally necessary. You must not fake your records, nor supply false information.
VERIFIED GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS IN NIGERIA
VERIFIED SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED BY LOCAL & MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS IN NIGERIA
VERIFIED SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED BY TARGET TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS & INSTITUTES IN NIGERIA
VERIFIED SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED BY FOUNDATIONS, TRUSTS, CHARITIES & NGOs IN NIGERIA
VERIFIED AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS
VERIFIED INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS
VERIFIED SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED BY NIGERIAN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS
You may not republish, reproduce, or redistribute any content on this website either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to;
(a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media,
(b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for immediate removal.