Are you a pc or smartphone junkie? but you cant always seem to afford the latest brand new phones in the market. Then worry no more, this post is for you. First of all, let me clear up some facts about fairly used phones.
Facts about fairly used phones in Nigeria
- Most of them are probably stolen– This is the most important fact of them all. The reason most people avoid fairly used phones or second hand phones as we like to call them, is because they are usually stolen phones. This has gotten numerous innocent buyers into trouble with the police.
- Most of them are faulty– Yes it is no news that the regular fairly-used-phone vendors always sell faulty phones to users. They find a way to neatly cover it up so the buyer will not the purchase is made.
- Fake/Refurbished phones are rampant– Make of the fairly phones you see are not original. Imagine an infinix phone with an alcatel panel using a samsung battery.(That’s how bad it is)
- They are Ancient– Another issue is the fact that most 2nd hand phones are over-outdated.
Where can I get Original, fairly used phones?
There are places(Standard) that guarantee you cheap fairly used phones and you can have rest of mind that they will be original. There are also places(Local) you need to keep an eye out for scammers and fake products if you buy from them. The only advantage of these local places is that you wont see a cheaper price elsewhere. Lets take a look at them;
Jiji is a nice website for buying and selling almost all kinds of products. You can get new phones, refurbished phones and second hand phones on Jiji. The best part is, you can buy from people closest to your location.
Olist is also a buy/sell site just like jiji. You can find new or fairly used smartphones at very cheap prices, other products including properlies like lands can also be bought on Olist.
Every Nigerian at must have heard about computer village located at Ikeja, Lagos state, Nigeria. Computer village is mostly the source where most tech shops in Nigeria buy their accessories. There are sayings like “if what you’re looking for is not in computer village, its not in Nigeria” or “You can’t get it cheaper anywhere else”. those statements are 90% true.
Also located within computer village in Lagos, it’s official site is usedphones.ng. You can place your order for imported fairly used phones, this reduces the stress of finding a place yourself when you get there. Usedphones.ng can be found using google maps.
MTN Phone Market(Portharcourt)
If you stay at Rivers state, Portharcourt, surely you know of the popularly named “MTN ZONE”. It is called so because it is located beside MTN office at oilmill bustop Portharcourt. This area is the computer village of portharcourt. You can get almost any kind of phone at mouth watering prices. You can also find spare parts and repair phones there.
Garrison Phone Market(Portharcourt)
This is the second most popular place to find all kinds of fairly used phones, some even brand new. It is located as Garrison round about opposite Spar, Portharcourt, Rivers state. Although this are is known more for Laptops and Desktops than mobile phones.
Tetlow Phone Market(Owerri)
Located at Tetlow, Owerri, Imo state. Every state has its major area where you can get fairly used phones and laptops and for Owerri, there is no better place than Tetlow.
St Michaels Phone Market(Aba)
St Michaels is located in Aba, Abia state. There you can find cheap phones and laptops to buy at numerous shops within that area.
Tips To Remember When Buying a Fairly used phone in Nigeria
- If its your first time, don’t go alone
- Watch out for thieves and hoodlums
- Don’t follow anyone making any claims, go straight to the shop you intend going to.
- Ask for legit outlets before going
- Try going with someone with more experience
- Test everything about the phone/Laptop before payment
- Double check and make sure everything is working
- Stay alert at all times
- Keep your valuables at home
- Always ask for a receipt
Remember these tips and you’ll be fine, is there any other place you’ll like us to include? please tell us using the comment section below.
Also read; how to minimize data usage on your mobile phone
You may not republish, reproduce, or redistribute any content on this website either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to;
(a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media,
(b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] for immediate removal.