Are you a user or subscriber on the famous 9mobile network? You may wish to share that abundant but precious airtime on your SIM card with a friend or family member using the same 9mobile network by doing airtime transfer. Could be workers in the same office opportune to enjoy airtime transfer by sharing from the same bulk purchase of corporate airtime. The 9mobile network has eagerly come to your rescue, so you and yours can share the benefit of its super-fast call services (and data) together. This article reveals some simple steps to follow on how to transfer airtime on 9mobile network.
Before we begin:
Facts To Note About Airtime Transfer On 9mobile/Etisalat Network
- The 9mobile network (a rebranding of the now defunct Etisalat Nigeria, proudly owned by EMTS Limited) is registered and operates specifically in Nigeria.
- You are allowed to perform airtime transfer easily and effortlessly between two users on the same 9mobile network only. This service is available to all new and existing customers using whichever 9mobile product package they subscribe to, whether it is prepaid or hybrid plans.
- You are required to set and use a special transfer PIN for all transactions to be carried out via the mobile phone USSD service (which will be explained shortly).
- For a user to perform airtime transfer on the 9mobile network, he or she must have a minimum of N10 (extra) balance on his or her SIM card. That is, N10 will be charged for each airtime transfer to another 9mobile user – outside the amount you wish to transfer.
- 9mobile network subscribers can transfer any amount of airtime from N10 to N20,000 at once to another user on the same network.
- The maximum amount of airtime transfer permitted for each 9mobile network user is N100,000 daily.
How To Create 9mobile USSD Airtime Transfer Pin
The 9mobile network airtime share can easily be performed by any 9mobile user – but first, a secure 4-digit USSD transaction PIN needs to be created. The default PIN is 0000 for a first-time user. Follow the steps below to change the default PIN:
You simply dial: *247*defaultPIN*newPIN# on your phone.
If for instance your new chosen PIN is 4425, you are to dial using the following format: *247*0000*4425# (Send/OK)
Once you do, your transaction PIN will be created. Note of course that you must not forget or lose the USSD transaction PIN. All things working perfectly, you should receive a confirmation message stating that your transaction PIN has been successfully created.
Should in case you wish to change your 9mobile transaction PIN, the procedure is equally simple. Proceed to dial: *247*oldPIN*newPIN#
Then wait for the confirmation message. So if for instance your old transaction PIN was 4425 and you have chosen 3679 as your new transaction PIN, you simply dial: *247*4425*3679# (Send/OK) and Pronto!, a confirmation message is sent to your phone that you changed your USSD transaction PIN successfully.
How To Transfer Airtime On 9mobile Network
Method 1: Using the 9mobile USSD service
To share your available 9mobile airtime with another 9mobile subscriber, ensure you have at least an extra N10 airtime or credit on your SIM card, which will be charged for the service. Then you proceed to use the USSD code *223# in the following format. To transfer airtime on 9mobile, Simply dial: *223*PIN*Amount*9mobileNumber#.
As an example, if you wish to transfer airtime of N2000 worth to another 9mobile user with the number 08094142322 and your transaction PIN is 4325, you simply dial: *223*4325*2000*08094142322# (Send/OK)
Then wait for the confirmation message to indicate the transfer of airtime was successful.
Method 2: Using the 9mobile network’s Ig9ite app
9mobile re-designed and renamed its native app. Previously named the ‘my9mobile’ app with more useful features and an appealing interface. The new ig9ite app allows 9mobile subscribers to buy, share/transfer and borrow both airtime and data. It also has several beneficial services way beyond what a typical telecom app offers. These include roaming services, international calling, e-commerce, loans and savings – the list goes on. It even conspicuously displays the user’s National ID card information for verification and linking, and can allow you to register more than one 9mobile number.
How can I recharge my 9mobile network number?
There are many ways to buy airtime or credit if you are a 9mobile user. For mobile phone users, two standard USSD codes are available to acesss services on the 9mobile. You dial either the all-in-one *200# code (which gives access to all mobile services), or the lesser-known *695# code. Each one of them would display context menus that prompt the user to select a service option by number.
Other available channels to recharge your 9mobile SIM card include:
- Use your credit or debit card on the 9mobile eShop (https://9mobile.com.mg/eShop)
- Standard recharge cards & e-top up from resellers
- Via Bank ATMs
- Internet banking channels (of practically all Nigerian Banks)
- Bank apps
- eCommerce apps & other apps that offer 9mobile airtime or credit for sale
- 9mobile Experience centres
- POS sales
You may not republish, reproduce, or redistribute any content on this website either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to;
(a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media,
(b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] for immediate removal.