Positive thinking helps us navigate our daily lives. Life can sometimes be daunting and filled with feelings of uncertainty. The struggles of this life can be so tough to handle. How do we manage our thoughts when it seems like we’ve been handed too much than we can handle? Finding yourself swinging from one thought to another that hugely dwell on the negative. It almost seems like a vast majority of people have their lives already figured out due to what is shown on social media and it becomes difficult when you see this in moments you feel the lowest. In this article, you will discover proven ways to always stay positive and motivated.
What is Positive Thinking?
Positive thinking is how an individual views certain unfavorable events with the hope of a much better one. They mainly occupy their minds with thoughts that will not only keep them motivated and hopeful but will provide an opportunity to be rational and solve their problems. Positive thinking by any means does not mean you ignore logic or facts and force yourself to fantasize. Rather it requires self-positive talk in both the good times and bad times and looking for realistic ways to solve problems.
Staying positive have so many benefits for your mental health and not just on you, it also reflects on the people around you. Some of the benefits of staying positive are:
- It helps in reducing the level of depression.
- It can help one to manage their illness.
- Better problem-solving skills.
- Better interpersonal relationships.
- More creative thinking ability.
- Better mental and physical well-being.
- It can improve coping skills.
- More productivity.
- Better tolerance to pain.
- It reduces the risk of having a heart attack.
Importance of Positive Thinking
Positive thinking helps with the quality of life and the overall mental and physical well-being of an individual. The thoughts held by an individual are known to reflect how they view the world. An individual with positive thinking behaviour understands the forces that control the universe and are known to exhibit a high level of self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-belief.
Tips To Stay Positive
- Be grateful: Always list out the things you are grateful for. Sometimes we focus more on the things we wished we had that we forget the other things that are beautiful in our lives. It could be how healthy you are or your parents are. Keeping a journal of all the things you are grateful for keeps your mind focused on them.
- Understand what you can control and what you cannot: Negative thoughts are usually on the things that are beyond our control like the death of a loved one. To stay positive you have to have an understanding of this fact.
- Focus on your strength: This has the ability to make us feel good when we can identify the things that we believe we are great at. It can also help with your mental well-being.
- Surround yourself with positive people: You cannot be practicing how to remain positive and have people who are pessimistic around you. Energy robs off quickly and as humans, we are easily attracted to energy, so keep the bad energy far away. Always have people who are supportive and have a positive thinking mentality.
- Do the mirror-talk: Doing the mirror-talk implies practicing positive self-talk in the mirror. When you wake up in the morning, stand before the mirror and speak to yourself about the good qualities you see and love about yourself. Be encouraging and gentle with yourself too.
- Identify areas that need improvement: It wouldn’t be logical if we only focused on our strengths and ignore the areas that need improvement. Positive thinking is not about fantasizing but also about being logical. These are those areas that you often times find yourself being pessimistic about. Identifying the areas in your life that you would love to improve and how you want to go about it, will make you feel good once you notice a remarkable improvement in that area. Also, think of a positive way to approach them.
- Find an activity you enjoy the most: One other way to be positive is to find a hobby that you enjoy. It could be reading to riding a bike, as long as it is something you love doing then you should. It has the ability to keep your mind free from worries.
If you have always been one to be negative, practicing positive thinking will help you to navigate such a lifestyle. When you are optimistic you will realize you will be able to handle stress better and begin to notice your overall health status improvement.
You may not republish, reproduce, or redistribute any content on this website either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to;
(a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media,
(b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for immediate removal.