The American dark comic drama TV series “Why Women Kill” was produced by Marc Cherry and premiered on August 15, 2019. A three-season movie that explains how revenge is the last resort in some dire and complicated issues.
Why Women Kill-Movie Review and Cast
Why Women Kill-Production Information
Season one cast
- Ginnifer Goodwin-Beth Ann Stanton (Rob’s wife)
- Hartlyn Hilsman-Young Beth Ann
- Beth Ann’s husband, Sam Jaeger-Rob Stanton,
- Sadie Calvano-April Warner (Rob’s cheating partner)
- Alicia Coppola-Sheila Mosconi (Leo’s wife, Rob and Beth Ann’s neighbor)
- Rob, Sheila’s husband, and Beth Ann’s neighbor)
- Lindsey Kraft-Claire (Rob’s secretary)
- Spencer Garrett-Hal Burke (Rob’s boss)
- Peri Gilpin-Vivian Burke (Hal’s wife)
- Lio Tipton-Mary Vlasin (Rob and Beth Ann’s neighbor who was abused by her husband, Ralph)
- Scott Porter-Ralph Vlasin (Mary’s husband)
- Ava Scarola-Emily Stanton (Rob and Beth Ann’s deceased daughter)
- Elsie Warner-Catherine Curry(April and Rob’s daughter entrusted to Beth Ann)
- Lucy Liu-Simone Grove (Karl’s divorcee wife)
- Harmonie-young, Simone Grove
- Simone’s third and homosexual husband, Jack Davenport-Karl Grove,
- Katie Finneran-Naomi Harte (wealthy friend of Simone and Tommy’s widowed mother)
- Naomi’s son, Tommy Harte (Naomi’s son, who loved Simone)
- Simone’s first marriage’s daughter)
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste-Taylor Harding (bisexual, feminist attorney in an open marriage with Eli)
- Kendall Taylor Harding, Denise Clark-Young
- Alexandra Daddario-Jade/Irene (the bisexual lover of Taylor and then Eli)
- Reid Scott and Eli Cohen (a screenwriter openly married to Taylor)
- Kevin Daniels-Lamar, Eli’s agent
Kevin McNamara-Duke, Jade’s ex-boyfriend
Cast of Season 2
- Allison Tolman-Alma Fillcot (a housewife in 1949 who is desperate to join the local exclusive garden club)
- Alma-young, Rachel Redleaf
- Lana Parrilla-Rita Castillo (the president of the local garden club and wife of Carlo)
- B.K. Cannon-Dee Fillcot (Alma’s daughter)
- Jordane Christie-Vern Loomis (a private investigator)
- Matthew Daddario: Scooter (a struggling actor and Rita’s paramour)
- Veronica Falcón-Catherine Castillo (Rita’s stepdaughter and Carlo’s daughter)
- Alma’s husband, Bertram Fillcot (a veterinarian), and
The plot of “Why Women Kill”
Its first season features three women who coincidentally lived in the Pasadena mansion in different decades and experienced infidelity.
The first woman, Beth Ann Stanton, lived as a housewife from 1963 until she learned of her husband’s (Rob’s) unfaithfulness, as exposed by her neighbor Sheila (Alicia Coppola). She discovers that her husband is cheating on her with a perky, blonde waitress, despite the loss of their daughter, who binds them together.
Some decades later, Simone Grove (Lucy Liu), who loves partying and elegance, discovers her third husband, Karl (Jack Davenport), was a homosexual. Simone, in return, began her affair with a youngster in 1984.
Still in that same mansion, attorney Taylor Harding, who was bisexual, became attracted to a woman, Jade. Jade seemed to fascinate Taylor’s husband. In each of these infidelity instances, there was a death credited to a woman.
In Marc Cherry’s “Why Women Kill,” she explains the saying, “Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned.” But it buttresses that an unspoken loneliness can inspire a reason why women kill.